UNIVERSITY OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS
The University of International Business and Economics (UIBE), founded in 1951, is a multi-disciplinary and national key university with economics, management, law, literature and science as its core academic areas of expertise. Since its foundation, UIBE has been steadfast in living up to its motto of “Erudition, Honesty, Endeavor and Perfection” through constant diligence and innovation.
At present, UIBE consists of 15 academic schools, a Graduate School, a Department of Physical Education and a Department of Culture and Art, offering over 1405 undergraduate courses, 875 postgraduate courses, and 109 doctoral courses.
Students receive support from on-stie staff at UIBE prior to departure, upon arrival (on-site orientation is held for all incoming international students), and during their stay. Optional excursions, special events, and buddy systems are available to help students integrate into the local campus and community.
- Fall: End of August - Early December
- Spring: End of February - Mid June
- Full Course Listing (all courses are in English): Click here
- Credits earned through a Drake exchange program will count as transfer credits
- Course Pre-Approval Forms are required as part of the program application
- Participants are required to maintain full-time status while abroad
- Note: Exchange Partner semester dates may conflict with the Drake University academic calendar
- Host University Housing Information: Click Here
- See Housing Type(s) above
- Housing and meals are NOT included in the program cost
APPLYING TO A DRAKE INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE PROGRAM
- Students pay regular Drake Tuition to their Drake Account for semester and year-long programs
- Financial Aid and Scholarships generally apply as they would if the student were studying on campus
- All additional fees (housing, international health insurance, meals, books, optional excursions, airfare, etc.) will be paid separately
- Students should meet with the Office of Student Financial Planning once a program is chosen to discuss their award amounts
Drake students participating on this program are required to complete the following steps:
- Drake Exchange Application
- Attend an Education Abroad 101 Session
- Click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page
- Schedule a meeting with an Education Abroad Advisor BEFORE the application deadline
- Drake Exchange Nomination
- Receive notification of status within two weeks after the application deadline
- Host University Application
- Schedule a meeting with an Education Abroad Advisor to complete the host university application AFTER nomination
- Host University Acceptance
- Upload a copy of host university acceptance letter to application
For additional exchange student information, click on the Homepage link above.