Student will engage in activities at Hillside Healthcare International clinic, Mobile Clinics to remote villages, and Poly Clinic in Punta Gorda. In addition to these three clinical settings students provide community education at health fairs, in schools, and to HOPE (elder care) organizations across the Toledo District of Belize. The schedule is developed and maintained by Hillside and is subject to change depending on the other stakeholders that Hillside serves.
To Punta Gorda: arranged by student
To and from airport: arranged by Hillside; students must communicate travel plans to Hillside.
For Clinic Activities: arranged by Hillside; the clinic has three heavy duty Land Rovers that are used to transport students to their activities and are built to handle road conditions in Southern Belize.
Abby’s House- located on the Hillside campus.
- Fully furnished/serviced
- Laundry facilities
- 2 students per bedroom
- Secure – guarded during the evenings and weekends
- Cleaning service once per week to clean dorm and change linen
Coral House Inn
151 Main Strett
Punta Gorda, Belize, C.A.
- Transportation twice per week to Punta Gorda for supplies and groceries
- Communal meal preparation – students share cooking and cleaning duties
- Guidance for weekend excursions upon request (recommended tour operators)